My-Tamil.Com

My-Tamil.Com My-Tamil Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting

Colour TV and other promises

My-Tamil.Com: Tamilnadu Forum: Government: Colour TV and other promises
By KMSUNDARAM on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 02:52 pm: Edit Post

The promises by DMK are possibe but how long? is the question many people tend to ask. Colour TV once given it is all over. 1kg rice for Rs 2/ is not going to be for ever, because the govt. has to give huge sum as subsidy for five years, until DMK faces next election. Is it possible or not we do not know. India's foreign exchange reserve is good and the cental govt can help Tamilnadu to fulfil DMK promises. Will the other states keep quiet if the central govt. goes all out to help Tamilnadu alone. Other states will demand the same help and there will be trouble. Instead of such promises, the govt should create jobs for the people so that the people can buy themslves what they want.

By K. Velusamy on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 02:52 pm: Edit Post

In the first place, the election commission should not have allowed this freebies (14" colour TV, rice at 2Rupees per kg etc) in the DMK election manifesto. Because this is a bribery to buying votes. Secondly, the money for these freebies should not be from the Government funds to Tamilnadu State. As it will not be fair to other states, who might also demand for the same. Thirdly the TV must be given to each and every home of Tamilnadu, regardless of whether the home has TV. Lastly the quality of TV is questionable; as to whether it will last for at least 5 yesrs.

By raj on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 09:10 pm: Edit Post

IS there anyone even reading this good coments.. who is this forum for? is this place becoming another tea-bench shop talk..
1.i m not here to judge anyone but question.. so what is the purpose of giving some one free just before election? is this legal?

By Anonymous on Friday, May 22, 2009 - 11:29 am: Edit Post

Tamils,oh my Tamil Brothers ,its a pity you r still asleep. Please wake up.Tamilnadu shoud be out of INDIA. It can sustain by itself.It has the resourses, All the old man without any educational qualifications are in Politics.Tamilnadu should break-up frm INDIA.Young and efficent people should manage Tamilnadu and not power crazy people.

As a tamil, i want to see Tamils to be proud of them self.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Forum Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com