My-Tamil.Com

My-Tamil.Com My-Tamil Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages: 1 Year 3 Months Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting

Live Tamil Soft Music 24 hrs

My-Tamil.Com: Tamilnadu Forum: Movie, Music and Entertainment: Live Tamil Soft Music 24 hrs
By fmradio on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 04:26 am: Edit Post

live tamil soft music 24 hrs

live tamil soft music 24 hrs

Hindi Live
English Live
Tamil Live
kannada Live
Telugu Live
Malayalam Live

visit: www.fmradio.tk

By Gomez on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 09:45 pm: Edit Post

The sanctification of the osperpsion of women in Tamizh movies has a long history. Take Pathibbhakti a 21-reeler of yore that is supposed to have a shown a pious and chaste woman standing by her husband thru all his escapades (reminds you of Silappadikaram?). And then the MGR movies. In "Enga Veettu Pillai" when the tough MGR gets around to thrashing his uncle MN Nambiar, Nambiar's wife (Pandaribai) pleads with MGR not to harm her 'deivam". MGR's movies are filled plots and narrative devices that demean women. You will find bigamy in Madurai Veeran and Ulagam Suttrum Valiban (about 25 years apart). It is the women who dream of him and lust for him - never the other way round leading many sexually suggestive sequences. While in these songs you will find MGR cavorting with his herioines in the rest of the movie when events occur at the 'conscious level' MGR acts as a pious almost hands-off person. His fans rationalise this behaviour by pointing out that 'it is the girl who goes after MGR not the opther way round. Tell them that it is the same MGR who seeks women half his age and they wioll ignore you.In many movies when a woman gets beaten by the husband, neighbors as a rule do not intervene, "idhu purushan pondatti vishayam." And then you have all those movies where a headstrong girl is tamed by the hero who more often than not has his gang of chamchas egging him on. And then there is that obsession with 'karppu' and 'manjaL-kunkumam' (which is why the mos are out to lynch Khushbu these days). How often have you seen widows get remarried in Tamizh movies. Sexual harrassment (quaintly termed eve teasing) is the norm in all courtship acts. The current craze 'gaana-pattu' hailed by that hack S.Anand of Outlook as an expression of 'dalit artistry' is grossly misogynist. There is shockingly little sympathy for women among the general public. I have had auto-drivers tell me how women bring all the harrassment upon themselves. All cultures have frowned upon women expressing their sexuality (while for men it is acceptable) and try to prevent this through violence and even by getting women to rationalize the restrictions placed on them. The Tamizh 'culture' especially what you see in its movies takes this to extremes. Movies in other languages either in the South or in Hindi can be bad at times but not this bad. Telugu and to a lesser extent Kannada movies tend to confront issues while in Malayalam you see a more modern society.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Forum Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Matrimony.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
e-mail Us | Site Map
© My-Tamil.Com