My-Tamil.Com

My-Tamil.Com My-Tamil Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting

Arputhatheevu Movie Review

My-Tamil.Com: Tamilnadu Forum: Movie, Music and Entertainment: Arputhatheevu Movie Review
By seema on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 04:34 pm: Edit Post

Vinayan, popular director of Malayalam films, had brought in about 400 dwarfs to act in his Malayalam film 'Arputha Theevu' with Prithwiraj and debutant Mallika Kapoor in the lead.

The film had Ajay Kumar alias Pakru playing one of the leads. And Pakru is a dwarf who has got superstar status .

Vinayan remakes the film in Tamil, repeating his three lead players, and replacing some actors with Tamil ones like Manivannan, Vyapuri and Karunas.

It's an enjoyable fare on the lines of 'Gulliver's Travels', and centered on an island inhabited by dwarfs, Pakru playing the prince, Mallika his intended bride and Prithwiraj the intruder.

With Shaji wielding the camera, the film has music by M Jayachandran, popular music director of Malayalam films. The film has an item number by Malavika.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Forum Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com