My-Tamil.Com

My-Tamil.Com My-Tamil Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting

Fees collected by the private engineering colleges for counselling allotments

My-Tamil.Com: Tamilnadu Forum: Education: Fees collected by the private engineering colleges for counselling allotments

By ravi on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 02:28 pm: Edit Post

I have admitted my son to engineering course in Rajalakshmi Engineering College near Sri Perumpudur one week back. The government fee for the course is 40,000 only (for accredited course). But the college is charging 68,000. I was shocked on hearing this. The reason they say is they are imparting inplant training and arranging industrial visits for the students from first year onwards and we have to pay the fees fully. When I enquired about this with some of the parents they say in SSN college the fee is around 1.20 lakhs and Panimalar Engineering College the fee is 1.25 lakhs and RMK Engineering College it is approximately 1.0 lakh.

This is what every college is doing and nobody is questioning them. Just think of the state of a student from economically backward family.

By Anbalagan on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 05:17 pm: Edit Post

The same thing is happening in most of the private engineering colleges in Tamilnadu.

Even though the government fix the fee as 32500 and 40000 (for accredited course only), the colleges are collectiing 70000 onwards from the students based on the college status.

Their only intention is to collection fees to match with the payment seat. What is the use of joining through couselling (merit).

They will not think about the students economical status. They will arrange the bank loan (tied up with some bank and for this they will give the full support to the student).

My relatives have faced this problem and they don't have any other way other than joining in the same college as the counselling is over already.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Forum Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com