My-Tamil.Com

My-Tamil.Com My-Tamil Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting

Tamilnadu native dogs

My-Tamil.Com: Tamilnadu Forum: Recreation & Hobbies: Tamilnadu native dogs
By hilippe TOURET on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 06:35 pm: Edit Post

Hello, from France,

I would be glad to receive any piece of information about the various Tamilnadu native dog breeds. The one I know the best is the Chipipparai but I was quickly mentioned the Rajapalayam and the Kombai hounds too. I guess other varieties could exist in your large state.
I hope you can help me in my quest for knowledge. Thanks for all in advance.
Best regards,

Mr. Philippe TOURET

By Prem Antony on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 06:37 pm: Edit Post

Hi,

there are four native dogs which are very famous in Tamilnadu.

1. Rajapalayam
2. Chippiparai
3. Kombai
4. Kanni

I had six Rajapalayams which died unfortunately - yes they were old.
Now I have just bought a pair of Rajapalayam & a pair of Kombai. I am looking for chippiparai and Kanni. I love these native breeds which are very loyal, friendly and can be your body guard too. They do not need vet care unlike the imported breeds.

The saddest part is India is crazy for anything that is foreign. They spend a lot for grey hounds and do not recognize their own hounds.

The other hounds which are famous are the Rampur hounds & the mudhol hounds. I have not seen any of these two yet, but will have my own over a period of time.

By Naveen on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 06:37 pm: Edit Post

Please go through this link for some more Tamilnadu native dogs.

http://www.dogsindia.com/indian_breeds.htm

By D on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 06:38 pm: Edit Post

rajapalayam dogs are the most intelligent ones. Thats all I know

By Buddy on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:44 am: Edit Post

Hi im a dog lover and my personal preference is Indian Native breed is very good than other foreign breeds since they are naturally immune and get adapted to the climate and conditions and naturally very very loyal which all breeds do...
i have experience growing Rajapalayam,Comabi earlier they were excellent breeds and they be like a children to and protect u with their lives and now im having 2 male chippiparai and they are exceptional in guarding and protecting and they behave like children with us, though they are completely domesticated yet their Hunting instincts show up and they are 100% friendly and loving to people own them, go for any native indian breeds and they are exceptionally good and i have seen a few croos breeds like rajapalayam/combai crosses and they were also good......

By Anonymous on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 11:49 am: Edit Post

My Tamil.com. i have seen only today. Good. But you have projected a Malayali Actress. Could have selected a real Tamil Actress.

The dogs found in Tamil Nadu are slowly disappearing and could be found only in remote areas and could be wiped out without proper attraction by people. Many people, even though Indian by themselves would like to have imported breeds only as pets which are expensive to maintain and contract diseases and die. Also with a thick coat of hair normally they get lots fleas and other insects and spread them to the homes.

It is better people adopt Indian dogs which are as good or better than imported ones.

By jayaraaj on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 01:54 pm: Edit Post

Hi I m a dog lover. unfortunately i had never got a chance to have them as a pet. i too like to have our own indian breeds. i would be happy if someone can donate me a combai/rajapaalayam so that i could have the pleasure of being one among the people saving them from extinction. i m a student and so i could not afford money to buy them.
I ll be glad if i had been given a pup

By friendtume on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 11:38 am: Edit Post

Hi!

I am looking for pure breed of Chippiparai and Kombai - pls. let me know - friend tume (friendtume@gmail.com)

By Anonymous on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 10:37 am: Edit Post

Everone talks about Rajapalyam,Chippiparai and kanni.But not much about Kombai.Even the picutureos of kombai is not available in the net while the other breeds pictures are on available on internet.Can anybody say where the kombai is available and how does it look like?

By Anonymous on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 07:58 am: Edit Post

I heard that there are original Rajapalayams are available from thirunelveli and tuticorin.Recently,I saw a pure black black color Rajapalyam dog from thirunaelvai with powerful dome shaped head and sleek but powerful body.The bones were very strong.With dogs like sheperd and doberman a human can overcome them with some difficulty but seeing this Rajapalayam no body would consider messing with it especially without a weapon.

By job Varghese Karakadu on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 12:57 am: Edit Post

Guys,

I am sorry if i am disturbing the conversation but i am lookin for 2 combai puppy a male and a female.I love my indian breed i prefer they are much much better than the foregin breed. I hav a dog an indian but do not knw its breed as it was in a bad state and my mom took him over he was a puppy and now he is 1year old naughty 'tiger' his name i want my indian breed to grow more specially in india.so please help me to find the combai puppy i want the combai to grow in india as it was in earlier age.Please mail me some info where can i find them and the price if possible at my email id (rojojob#yahoo.co.in) wating for the reply as soon as possible.

By Job varghese on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 03:24 pm: Edit Post

Hi,
I have an indian breed dog but i do not knw wats its breed but i want to buy a combai or Rajapalyam female dog.If some body wuld help me with some info i wuld be very greatfull.Please mail me at rojojob@yahoo.co.in

Thanks and regards,
Job varghese

By Premantony on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 12:31 pm: Edit Post

Hey dude - Rajapalayams are always white and not in any other color. We have been having this breed from my grandfather's time. Few spots of fawn are acceptable. But they are white with a Rose nose.
If you are looking for a Rajapalayam pup of good bloodlines please contact me. Hey Varghese I am not happy with the Kombai what I have seen with the breeders. I will be making a visit to Kombai before May09 - will keep you updated if I find any good specimen. Just wait for a few more months

By georgemanu on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 08:54 am: Edit Post

is their any updates on the kombai breed iam also looking to buy one pair of kombai pups. please help me get it if possible. my mail id is georgemanu@gmail.com

By M.K.Gopi on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 10:03 am: Edit Post

hi
iam looking for Rajapalayam or kombai if any one hav the pups mail me @ mkmalai@gmail.com

By senthil on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 03:17 pm: Edit Post

i love rajapalayam dog so ple help i want pure rajapalam or Chippiparai so ple inform me ple i love the dog

By Tamil is the best on Monday, April 27, 2009 - 03:17 pm: Edit Post

I know that Rajapalayam dogs look better than human jaats. However, I'd like to conduct a few tests to gauge their intelligence. My hypothesis is that Rajapalayam dogs are more intelligent than human jaats. Please tell me where I can procure one.

Thanks, and Long live Tamil!

By Kashiff on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 11:49 am: Edit Post

Hello All,

I am from Bangalore and a dog lover earlier I had owned few foreign breeds like GSD, Lab, Boxer etc.., But I am very much interested to own a Rajapalyam which I am not able to get in Bangalore. I will be very thankful if someone help me in getting an Rajpalyam puppy. Can get in touch with me on (kashiff.sa@rediffmail.com or kashiff.sa@twb.in).

Regards,
Kashiff.S.a

By BALA on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 04:18 pm: Edit Post

Hi,
This is Bala from coimbatore and my native is Rajapalayam. I use to bring dogs from my home town. Presently i have 1pair of Combai in my hands. If any one wants to buy it, can contact me. If anyone wants to buy any of the following also can contact me.

Rajapalayam, Combai, Kanni and chippiparai.

I am not a professional breeder, i use to bring dogs only due to my friends compulsion.

By Bankim on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 02:23 pm: Edit Post

Dear friends, I m looking for Kombai male pup. If any one has an idea where to look for than please let me know. The pup has to be authentic as I wish to preserve the vanishing Indian beauty & breed. I m at Mumbai at present. Thanks. U can contact me on imBankim@aol.com .

By Subash on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 09:25 am: Edit Post

Hi, I need a pair of kombai and chippiparai dog pure variety. If anyone having any information or dogs please contact me..

By Goodwill on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 06:41 pm: Edit Post

Hey guys i am a native of kombai, born and brought up in madurai i have good stock of kombai and kanni with me matching to old standards
cont:goodwill.realtors@gmail.com

By Goodwillkennels on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 11:20 am: Edit Post

Hi,
Good to see people interested in native breeds of tamil nadu especially from france. We breed pure breeds especially kombai. We have pure breed rajapalayan and kanni. You could contact us for details of chippiparai too.
Mail us: goodwillkennels@gmail.com

Regards,
Krishna

By Giri srinivasan on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 08:58 am: Edit Post

Hi,
I got recently 2 chippiparai male puppies from chippiparai village from relatives. Its so good puppies and I also got kombai from rajapalyam but color is lighter brown then seeing in internet pic dark red. I am wondering its original breed? If any one has kombai pls mail me:

By Subash on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 10:53 am: Edit Post

Hi, Giri

Where are u now. iam interest to see ur chippiparai dogs. Presently i have 2 chippiparai female in my hands.

By shanmugasundar on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 01:58 pm: Edit Post

Hi, I want to adopt a Chippiparai or Kanni or Rajapalaya. Please mail to shanmugasundar@gmail.com

By Anonymous on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 01:00 pm: Edit Post

Guys whom ever wana see the 100% real kombai, then here we go, jus click on the link below and luk at the second image.

http://www.reachthehighest.in/TheKambalathuNayakars.htm

accidentally i got this mail. most of people selling dogs as kombais are mosly not pure.. they r sbstandards of kombai.. the kombai is an eye cathcer... ll stick in mind at once u c this. sordid.

By stalinmohandass on Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 07:08 pm: Edit Post

when did kambalathu nayakars started breeding doberman, that to this photo should be taken before 1950........lol

Ear cropping, do u know when kennel club was started and people started showing dobermann with ears cropped, this truely a comic

american type doberman's came to india in late 1990s only

so u say that these people know to crop and tape ears half century before,this looks funny, ur research in indian dog is great

the dog shown in photo no: 2 is similar to pit bull,look at d heads they are attached,so better show this to a layman there could be a lot of people who know about adobe software........... ha ha ha.

both the photo's are photoshoped by an expert very well but they lost in the doberman ha ha ha

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Forum Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com